SIGN UP FOR ZOMBIE FUN DAY – SAT, OCTOBER 2, 2021 – WAYLAND, MA
Want to be a zombie in a super-fun, low-budget music video? The Church Ladies band is making an audacious, way-too-ambitious five-song zombie music video web-series (yep, you read that right), and we invite you to be a zombie-extra in a couple of big zombie-horde scenes we’re filming on Saturday, October 2, 2021!
HOW TO SIGN UP
Thing is, we want lots of people (maybe 100 or so?) but for planning purposes we need to know who’s coming to make sure we don’t get more people that we can handle. So… if you’re interested, please send an email to zombie (at) churchladiesband.com to let us know 1) that you’ve reserved the date, and 2) who else will be coming with you [names, ages, contact info].
WHO WE NEED
We’re hoping for a big crowd, all volunteers (nobody’s getting paid here, including us). Everyone should bring food for the pot-luck. The key is that we’re all gonna need to have an attitude of fun and flexibility for what is sure to be a weird and memorable day. List of needs so far:
- zombie extras – bring your own costumes (ripped-up old clothes is fine, but go nuts if you want!)
- people to help out with things like make-up, costumes, food set-up, clean-up and other logistical stuff.
- relaxed, happy people ready to go with the flow even when things go wrong (which of course they will!) 🙂
WHAT TO EXPECT ON ZOMBIE FUN DAY
Be prepared for a FULL DAY from 9AM-ish and ending with a zombie-themed BBQ/party in the late afternoon/evening. There’ll be filming, but also lots of other prep-type stuff like make-up/costume work, and plenty of hanging around with other zombies. The schedule below is a ROUGH DRAFT only and will definitely be refined/updated as we get closer. Stay tuned:
- Arrive 9am-ish (Wayland, MA) with your own zombie clothes (i.e. ripped up old stuff is fine. Or go all-out — whatever makes you happy). We’ll set up make-up tables for dark circles around your eyes, maybe gray skin and other zombie what-nots.
- During the day we’ll have cameras (including a drone, hopefully) to shoot several different scenes, including but not limited to:
- an overhead-drone-shot of a large number of zombies (that’s you!) surrounding our heroes from all sides;
- a large number of zombies dancing in a music video. It’ll be super-easy and super-fun!
- other shots — we’ll have a list. And these might involve breaking into different groups to film different things, and then we’ll all get back together. Hooray October! Hooray zombie fun!
- When we’re done (late afternoon/evening?) we’ll end with a pot-luck BBQ with a zombie-theme to celebrate our successful day of ridiculousness.
Sound like fun? Then please send an email to zombie (at) churchladiesband.com to let us know 1) that you’ve reserved the date, and 2) who else will be coming with you [names, ages, contact info] .