SIGN UP FOR ZOMBIE FUN DAY – SAT, OCTOBER 2, 2021 – WAYLAND, MA
Want to be a zombie in a super-fun, low-budget music video? The Church Ladies band is making an audacious, way-too-ambitious five-song zombie music video web-series (yep, you read that right), and we invite you to be a zombie-extra in a couple of big zombie-horde scenes we’re filming on Saturday, October 2, 2021!
WHO WE NEED
- zombie extras – bring your own costumes (ripped-up old clothes is fine, but go nuts if you want!)
- people to help out with things like make-up, costumes, food set-up, clean-up and other logistical stuff.
- relaxed, happy people ready to go with the flow even when things go wrong (which of course they will!) 🙂
- *vaccinated people only, please!
We’re hoping for a big crowd, all volunteers (nobody’s getting paid here, including us). Everyone should bring food for a pot-luck BBQ (we’ll supply burgers & buns). The key is that we’re all gonna need to have an attitude of fun and flexibility for what is sure to be a weird and memorable day.
HOW TO SIGN UP
For planning purposes we need to know who’s coming ahead of time. So… if you’re interested, please send an email to zombie (at) churchladiesband.com to let us know 1) that you’ve reserved the date, and 2) who else will be coming with you [names, ages, contact info, vaccination status*], 3) what food each in your party will bring to the pot-luck BBQ.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON ZOMBIE FUN DAY
Be prepared for a full day from 10AM-ish, starting with costume/make-up tables, then filming and ridiculousness including plenty of hanging around with other (vaccinated) zombies. We’ll end the day with a backyard zombie-themed BBQ/party in the late afternoon/evening to celebrate our successful day of zombie fun. For more/evolving details – watch this web-page.
- Arrive 10am-ish (Wayland, MA) with your own zombie clothes (i.e. ripped up old stuff is fine. Or go all-out — whatever makes you happy). We’ll set up make-up tables for dark circles around your eyes, maybe gray skin and other zombie what-nots.
- During the day we’ll have cameras (including a drone, hopefully) to shoot several different scenes, including but not limited to:
- an overhead-drone-shot of a large number of zombies (that’s you!) surrounding our heroes from all sides;
- a large number of zombies dancing in a music video. It’ll be super-easy and super-fun!
- other shots — we’ll have a list. And these might involve breaking into different groups to film different things, and then we’ll all get back together. Hooray October! Hooray zombie fun!
- When we’re done (late afternoon) we’ll end with a zombie-theme pot-luck BBQ.
Sound like fun? Then join us!